Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the 1050 all set for snow duty today. I decided to give the rubber tire chains a try. Also I treated myself to a new seat :dancingbanana:

Bolens rubber tire chain 014.jpg

Bolens rubber tire chain 011.jpg

Attachments

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
A new seat,your going to have it to good.:smilewink:

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Boy you got it made having a new seat on there. The 1050 looks great. You are ahead of us, I want to get some of the tractors ready but just haven't had a chance. We still need to plow the garden.

·
Live long and prosper
6,782 Posts
The 1050 looks great. Never seen rubber tire chains. What are the good points versus steel?

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
daytime dave said:
The 1050 looks great. Never seen rubber tire chains. What are the good points versus steel?
This is going to be my first time using rubber tire chains. I got these because I just got a new driveway 2 years ago and dont want to tear it up.
I'll let you guys know how well they work when the snow comes
Basically these chains were made specifically to save the surfaces which they are used on. (Black top, ect.)

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Looks really good. You are surely ready for the snow. New seat looks great. Definitely keep us posted on the chains because we need to save our driveway also.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
The tractor looks ready to go.I've never seen rubber chains either,kinda wonder how there going to work.I know even the v-bar will spin on ice.Larry

·
Bolensholic
303 Posts
Looking real good. Seeing the caster all hooked up makes me feel even further behind though. lol

·
Connoisseur of Rusty Junk
5,623 Posts
She looks good Brian! That new seat really pops! let us all know how those new chains work out!

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
Nice set up but you still need to get a large frame.

·
1,499 Posts
Your 1050 looks ready to go and you will have a nice comfy seat to sit in! You guys getting things ready for snow early have me thinking I better get my butt in gear and get the blower on my tractor. Maybe this weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts