Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1967 1050 that I just did a rebuild on my driveshaft (clutch disks & bearings), and I have a question regarding reassembly.

1) What is the preload specification when tightening the outer clutch flange? This is the clutch flange (#20 in service manual) that is threaded onto the driveshaft. Before I diassembled it there was 25mm of driveshaft coming out. I'm wondering what the actual spec is now that I have new clutch plates.

2) What is the torque spec on the outer hex nut (#16 in service manual)?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
10,092 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks. I'll take another look at that manual, but I think it's the one I already have, and I didn't see anthing. I believe it says something to .; - "reassemble in the reverse order as the dissassembly".

Welcome to GTT. The answers to your questions are probably in the manual that you can download for free in the "Manuals" tab above. Try this one http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/files/file/2967-bolens-med-tube-frame-service-manual-552875-1/. There are over 500 Bolens books in the section but you are limited to 3 per day. Some one more knowledgable than me will be along too. That is a great tractor and we have many Bolens owners.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Where did you buy your clutch disks and bearings at? I have a 1050 as well and was going to see how bad the clutch disks are and replace the bearings

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts