Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Recovering Tractorholic
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have any experience with the Predator engines from Harbor Freight? The 364cc engine is almost exactly the same displacement at the TRA-10D. I am pretty sure they are both a 1" keyed shaft, so the swap shouldn't be too difficult. For $250 it's hard to go wrong (or is it?).

·
Old, but not dead -- yet!
3,232 Posts
Some of the belt guides and sheetmetal bolt to the Wisconsin engine. ...There may not be the necessary mounting holes on the HF engine. .....Exhaust discharge location may be a problem. .....Hood fit (if that is a concern) is questionable.

The Wisconsin engine is far superior to the engines sold by HF. .....I agree with Brian--fix the old Wisconsin, if at all possible!

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
I know it's not real close to you, but there is a TRA-10D on the Cleveland Craig's list, and the price seems reasonable..
Madison, OH is NE of Cleveland.

10 hp wisconsin

·
Recovering Tractorholic
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Mine was supposedly rebuilt already, but it has no power. I'm going to try a carb rebuild. After that, I'll weigh my options. I also have a single cylinder 8hp diesel sitting around, so that may be an option too.

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
If you have to repower you're best with that diesel, it will have way more torque than the Predator engine.

And if you don't like that diesel I know I am speaking for everyone when I say this, give it to me. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts