Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made a interesting revelation last night, as I was searching around on Google last night for attachments and garden tractor parts I stumbled upon some pictures I had taken about 6 years ago of our entire fleet at that time. Back then we had a 1050 in the fleet. As I was looking through those old pics I noticed that the 1050 we had then was oddly similar to the one I picked up at the sale i went to in november. So I jumped up out of the chair and went out to the garage to compare the pictures to the 1050 I picked up at the sale. Well I'll be damned if it's not the same dang tractor!

I kinda surprised it took me almost 3 months to put 2 and 2 together.

The attached pictures I took almost 6 years ago

Attachments

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These pictures are relatively new.

What's funny is even after buying it twice I still have less than 100 bucks in it, and the 2nd time I bought it it came with a very nice usable deck.

Attachments

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
How you know for sure? Serial number somewhere?? After-all, One Bolen's of similar model pretty much looks like Another! :poke:

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Identical scratches in paint.

The 1st picture I took as I typed this. 2nd picture is from 6 years ago. Same withe the engine pics.

Motor still has a bit of noise from when I put a cam in it 8 or so years ago, it kinda chew the crank gear up so I cleaned it up best I could with a dremel

Attachments

·
Squeaky Wheel
7,446 Posts
I've bought the same tractor twice, and knew it before buying it the second time. Would not have bought it the second time had I not known the tractor from the first time since it came back with the head off... Short repair (new head) later and it ran like the day I sold it the first time. So I sold it a second time lol.

·
Tractorholic
988 Posts
So far I have managed to avoid buying the same machine that I had previously sold. Of course, that is usually because I never sell them in the first place. That is why my shed is full.

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,019 Posts
Nice fleet - thanks for sharing the pictures

·
MMMMmmmm DIESEL
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I always kinda wanted this one back after dad traded it off just because it's one of the straitest clean originals that we had ever had.

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,019 Posts
Where did they mount the voltage regulator and solenoid on that one - does not appear to be on top of the engine shield?

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,019 Posts
I assume they moved them to up top to allow easier access and less likely to be damaged by a battery overcharging and dripping acid on them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts