Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tractorholic
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am noticing i am starting to have problems shifting into 1st and reverse. I notice i i put it in second than go for 1st it goes in alittle easy i am getting a little light grinding sometimes. anyone have any ideas.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Could be a combination of things. Partially the detent springs inside the transmission could be part of the problem but I am going to say that it sounds like it might be the brake pawl needs adjusted or replaced. I don't know the technical name for the part but it is a brake pad/lever that goes against a drum right in front of the transmission on the driveshaft to help keep the gears from turning while the clutch is depressed. I hope I explained that right, it's been a long day.

·
Tractorholic
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So Basically the brake is not holding the shaft tight enough when i am pushing the clutch in? Adjustment or new pad correct? and thankyou

·
DR. Bolens
19,060 Posts
olcowhand said:
Correct. I would take a close look before ordering though. Like you said, maybe a simple adjustment.
bhts said:
Also make sure the brake plate at the front of the clutch is ok and working.
:ditto:

Sounds like the brake plate needs to be adjusted.
The servicemanual is avaiable to download if you need detailed instructions how to adjust the linkages

1 - 9 of 9 Posts