Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at an auction last weekend, there was a Bolens 1253 there with blade, tiller and snow thrower. I was kind of eyeing it up. Didn't look to bad seemed to run ok. It went for more than I wanted to pay. $650. I talked with the lady who bought. Then I went home and as I usually do I went on KIJIJI see if there any bargains. There it was photo still at the auction tags on it. Priced at $1200 strong running tractor.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Different parts of the country demand different prices for the same item. Same item will be 20-25% high 300 miles West of the Mississippi and they are a lot less plentiful. Kind of runs in spurts. For a while nothing in the original Bolens line shows up on CL. Then there is a bunch of it and most is over priced for the most part. 90% of what I have come up with is a 2 hour drive or more one way to get. The closer ones at a good price have been a Royal pain in the _ _ _ to get running again.

Reactions: Austen

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Different parts of the country demand different prices for the same item. Same item will be 20-25% high 300 miles West of the Mississippi and they are a lot less plentiful.
You've got that right.

This type of thing on the west coast can often be priced double or triple what it would be listed for in the midwest and east coast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts