Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for upgrades on exhaust. On my 1254 the intake is stripped out of the head and is completly off and on my h14 i dont think its the proper exhaust for it because you cant take off the air filter without removing the exhaust. has anyone upgraded i would kind of like a turned up exhaust that comes from under and sticks straight up because when i mow with the h14 the exhaust shoots directly on your foot with in tenn flip flops are standard summer wear aint kool...... anyway does anyone know of a design or bolt on fix or an i gonna have to remove the heads and have them tapped so i can put a turned up tractor style exhaust with a flapper on top

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's pics of both I have 3 mower decks for them along with the tiller and I'm hunting me a plow

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
im looking for upgrades on exhaust. On my 1254 the intake is stripped out of the head and is completly off and on my h14 i dont think its the proper exhaust for it because you cant take off the air filter without removing the exhaust. has anyone upgraded i would kind of like a turned up exhaust that comes from under and sticks straight up because when i mow with the h14 the exhaust shoots directly on your foot with in tenn flip flops are standard summer wear aint kool...... anyway does anyone know of a design or bolt on fix or an i gonna have to remove the heads and have them tapped so i can put a turned up tractor style exhaust with a flapper on top
I just took off a tractor style--( stait up ) from my 1556,,,about the same as your'e H14... It was not very well supported..It looked like it would have screwed up the exhaust pipe in a hurry,cause of the weight...Plus the exhaust kinda blew up and twards your'e face..I replaced it with the stock style you have.. I was able to bend the muffler out a little at the intake side,and bend the front support out about an inch and ahalf... I can now,,( when cool ) get the air cleaner off

On another note,, the tractor style isn't very friendly trying to go around trees.. The look was OK but not practical for me.

You're about a month late or we could have swaped...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts