Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to upstate NY to pick up a 1256 for my collection. This is the 1st Hydro I have purchased. The tractor wouldn't start so we were going to push it up on the trailer. Neither one of us new how to release the transmission so it would free wheel. I jacked up the rear end and pushed it on so I could get it home. The question is " how do you release the transmission"?

Thanks

·
757 Posts
You cant just push it slow some times you can remove the belts and the pulley will spin but they do not have a free wheel feature Also welcome To gt talk And did you make sure the parking brake was off ? (i dont have the ones with the pin but the 1256 had a parking Pin that was activated with a lever by the seat ) mine had the brake petal and the handle by the dash tower
Cheers
Tyler

·
757 Posts
Dont forget its a 600+ pound Gt i would also recommend that tire tires are Full of air because a Low tire causes Alot of drag The eaton 10 in your 1256 is one tough hydro once i drove my H14 i knew there would be no going back to Geared That being said geared tractors Do have there places but not on a Small property Just make sure you change your fluids and filter and it will last For ever

·
DR. Bolens
19,063 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just went out and and engaged the idler lockout and pushed it off the trailer. It moved much easier.

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Welcome to the forum.Glad to have you with us.

Reactions: mdconley66
1 - 7 of 7 Posts