Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to start my tractor and all I hear is the solenoid opening and closing. Attached is a video of it. I have done a TCDI conversion but have used the tractor many times since. I'm drawing a blank on what the problem could be. Any help would be appreciated!

Mike

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Jump the solenoid straight across the two big terminals. Use a pair of pliers or good thick wire, you are needing to carry full current to the starter. Enjoy the sparks. :thumbs:

Ben W.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Use the biggest, longest screwdriver you have & touch the terminal with the wire from the battery to the terminal with the wire going to the starter. Stand well back & be prepared for sparks! Be careful you don't weld the screwdriver to one of the terminals.

·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thank you. I will try it in the morning.

·
Patina Farmer / Rust Collector
1,472 Posts
Well I went to start my tractor and all I hear is the solenoid opening and closing...
Mike, don't over look the obvious, Loose wire at the starter or solenoid. Could also be starter hung up. try tapping the side of it with wooden hammer handle. Look also to see if the gear is engaged in the flywheel. Sometimes they will stick or jam and lock up the starter.

Good luck.

Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts