Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one last thing to finish up before Snapper 1650 #2 gets out of the shop, it needs new tires. In my searches here I have come across a lot of people asking the question about fit, and some answers of both yes and no. I'm curious if any one has actually put 26x12x12 Tru power ag tires on their 1650 and if there are any clearance issues? Will the tires mount up to the stock width wheels? Anyone have pictures of 26" tru powers mounted on a 1650? I really need to get some tires ordered to get this out of the shop to make room for my next project.

·
1,087 Posts
I had a set of 26's on my one 1655 for a bit. They fit,but not much clearance if you want to run chains in the winter.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
I know they clear the fenders fine, but no idea if they will clear a belly mowing deck.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a set of 26's on my one 1655 for a bit. They fit,but not much clearance if you want to run chains in the winter.
Were you able to get chains on? did the chains ever slap the hydraulic controls/filter under the fender?

·
1,087 Posts
Sorry I meant on a 1650. And no,never tried putting chains on. I had weights and the tires were loaded

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So i finally got some new rubber for the 1650. I went with 26x12x12 tru power. The stock wheels were really rusty under the old tires and after sandblasting a couple of extra holes showed up. A little filling with the mig and touch up with a die grinder then a coat of Por 15. The bead area was pitted so i decided to run tubes. I'm not planning on using it on this tractor but for reference there is plenty of clearance for the mower deck. Now I can move on to getting the loader mounted up.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,473 Posts
I really like the 26x12 AG's. Looks real good!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts