Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week I learned about agcopartsbooks.com. First thing to do, search for my tractor and browse every page! In the table of content there is a section Cold Start Disconnect Kit, page 89. WHAT!

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 22.20.29.png

The only thing I could think off that would help starting would be to disconnect the transmission and/or rear PTO shaft to remove this load. The PTO shaft is pretty free to rotate. The only hint I have is the note A about item #10 which is said to be a part from the tractor re-used for this kit. Looking in the other pages I found a similar spring in section Frame, Driveshaft, Rear axle and Drawbar, item #35 has the same part number. This kit would remove tension on the transmission belts to disconnect it?

Someone has some information/pictures on this?

Attachments

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Reactions: limebuzz

·
Nut Case
1,940 Posts
Crickets.................

Clearly this is fairly uncommon.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The more I think about this feature, I am pretty convinced it is used to remove the tension (compress the spring #10) applied to the belts between the engine output shaft (rear pto at the same time) and the lower shaft for the hydrostatic transmission.

Parts #5 and #8 seem to be free to turn into part #4 and in part #4 there seem to be 2 holes. Extrapolating the location of this, if a shaft would be bolted to #4, go through the bottom of the instrument panel and provide a lever that can be rotated. The operator could easily turn the lever to remove the tension, start the engine then re-apply the tension.

That would be a nice feature for anyone using the tractor as a stationary power source (generator, wood splitter, etc). Removing the tension would remove load for the engine AND would make the tractor completely stationary (added security).

·
Registered
73 Posts
That's interesting,, looks like the 1655/1855 is the cheaper easier one to install.
Probably no longer available.
Have you looked into that?

·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is interesting and it confirms my hypothesis!

Could be useful when a tractor is used as a static power source like with a generator, pump or other stuff on a PTO!

·
Super Moderator
54,000 Posts
I saved the pics to a folder. Might be able to make that info into a PDF!

·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mac102004 I am wondering, if you have this bulletin, do you happen to also have or have access to a tractor that has this kit installed?

·
Tractorholic
626 Posts
Where did you get all the old bulletins Mac?
Hey Jason,

I've bought quite a few of them over the years, usually find binders full on eBay, most times they will be just ag tractor related but occasionally some GT stuff will be mixed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts