Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
54,352 Posts
I bought a valve(s) setup for an 1855. Very happy with the purchase, but need a question answered about one of the fittings. In the pic below, what fitting goes into the lower right? Is it by chance a straight JIC 6 to an 8 o-ring?

Wood Auto part Gas Metal Bicycle part

Just trying to figure out what is needed for it. I bought this from Dayton_King. I have the spool out to be repaired in case you are wondering.

Attachments

Reactions: laurarg3

·
23 Posts
I bought a valve(s) setup for an 1855. Very happy with the purchase, but need a question answered about one of the fittings. In the pic below, what fitting goes into the lower right? Is it by chance a straight JIC 6 to an 8 o-ring?
attachicon.gif
2015-06-17 14.14.48.jpg

Just trying to figure out what is needed for it. I bought this from Dayton_King. I have the spool out to be repaired in case you are wondering.
On my 1655 they are straight jic first off,.

·
Super Moderator
54,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know the hydraulic terms, but it is a JIC fitting with the o-ring base.
Since every thing else on it is a JIC 6M, then I'll get the fitting I posted above. Thanks!

·
Tractorholic
3,414 Posts
Were does that port that Kenny is referring to, go? Deck lift? 3 point hitch? And what side of the cylinder? Because it is an odd port and a different size we are curious is all;-)

·
Super Moderator
54,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Were does that port that Kenny is referring to, go? Deck lift? 3 point hitch? And what side of the cylinder? Because it is an odd port and a different size we are curious is all;-)
Keith, I don't think it is for deck lift as the other valve has the detent on it. I think it goes with the rear lift.

·
Super Moderator
54,352 Posts
I borrowed this pic from a PM with Dayton_King about the valve. May explain a few things. Pretty sure it is the rear lift valve. That may be why it has the restrictor hole to slow the cylinder.

Motor vehicle Valve Gas Automotive tire Automotive wheel system

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
507 Posts
That port is for the base end of the 3PH cylinder. The restriction is to control the rate of drop when lowering the implement. The tiller for these puppies weighs 385 lb and will land HARD with an unrestricted port. That's not a problem in the garden, but you wouldn't want to do it on the garage floor. It lands hard enough even with the restrictor.

·
Super Moderator
54,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Bob! Kinda thought it was for a reason like that, but you never know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts