Garden Tractor Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
1,058 Posts
Ok, in your one picture I now see how it's worn off. I wonder if that's a common issue with the stator bolts? Seem to hear about the magnets coming off the flywheel most often.

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
First one I have found that the bolts came out. Had two with the magnet issue, one I had to find a flywheel as it chewed up the magnets and ruined the stator.

Reactions: Dave in NY

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Looks like that gasket behind the gear cover is going to be a pain to get. On back order at most places. Gotta look into the magneto timing as it bolts to the back side of that cover.

·
Mark J.
2,243 Posts
Here is a short video of Austen plowing with my Cub 1811. My Cub ran very well once I got the plow dialed in.
Austen on his beast!
Me on my Cub
This is all that I have for pictures. Hopefully Austen has some he can upload.

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Takes a bit to get things just right, but when you do its fun from then on.

Reactions: Mark 149 J.

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Since this is turning into a marathon and the owner wants a fan in front of the hydro, the driveshaft had to come off there. It was stuck pretty good so I had to come up with a puller that would work.
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Tread Hood

Had some parts from steering wheel pullers so I made some plates to pull the shaft yet protect the hydro.
Wood Automotive tire Bumper Gas Circle

Got it set up.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Bicycle part Rim

A few minutes later, it was off. Job complete.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Jet engine Aircraft engine Engineering

·
Mark J.
2,243 Posts
Nice solution. I've heard of people taking all day to get that part off.

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Got a few more things fixed today. Exhaust had one missing stud and one broken. Was able to fix that fairly easily. Had to use the Dremel to cut the existing nuts off first.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood

Owner brought the new bearings over for the front PTO shaft. Got that back together (other than the belts).
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Tread Rim

Owner had an AG tire mounted for the right rear the other day. It's flat again. Guess they forgot to tube it!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Car

Starting tomorrow, parts should be arriving to get this all back together.

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,236 Posts
Have seen where people use a 5/16" or 3/8" bolt, nut and a socket to push against the u joint cross and the end of the hydro shaft to push the yoke off but like your puller / pusher idea.

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Have seen where people use a 5/16" or 3/8" bolt, nut and a socket to push against the u joint cross and the end of the hydro shaft to push the yoke off but like your puller / pusher idea.
Wasn't much room in there for that. Only about an inch of hydro shaft showing.

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Anyone out there with a k482? Need an answer about the coil wiring. I got a new coil for this and it is not marked + or -, so wondering if it matters which end get the 12V+ or points side(-)?
Rectangle Auto part Gas Composite material Metal Luggage and bags Bag Rectangle Gas Auto part

·
A Little Off Plumb
8,236 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thank you Stew! That answers that question!

·
Registered
37 Posts
What coil and where did you get it? Over the years I have had to replace two and no idea why they got fried. I understand there are a couple or more with different ratings. I also never knew the answer to the polarity question. Thank you.
Bill

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
What coil and where did you get it? Over the years I have had to replace two and no idea why they got fried. I understand there are a couple or more with different ratings. I also never knew the answer to the polarity question. Thank you.
Bill
This one:

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
And according to the service manual polarity does not matter on the non-marked ones.

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Thought I might send this back home today BUT the fuel pump (new guts) decided it wasn't going to play well. Have an electric on order. Thought I was done with this thing.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

·
Super Moderator
54,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Engine fires off easily (with a temp tank above the carb) and runs great.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts