Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy an 1886 that's in need of a new rear end. I would like to purchase it, but I want to find a complete replacement rear end first. Anybody here have one for sale? Hopefully close to Wisconsin?

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
First thing is.Do you know if it is the rearend or the pump that is bad?Second question is if bad rearend is the rearend housing good and just the insides bad.Last question is the 1886 had two different rearends they have the eaton and the sundstrand so this would help as to parts.Reason i ask is i have never seen one of the eaton rearends go out usealy just the pump.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not sure what the actual problem is and I doubt the owner knows either. I've seen the tractor and the rear end is apart, and the pump is off and gone. I'll get in touch with him and try to get more info on it.

·
Bob's Lawn and Garden LLC
2,183 Posts
If it is the sundstand it will have disc brakes on the rearend at the wheel hubs.If it is a eaton it will have a brake disc on the right side at the top of the transmission.Also the eatons dip stick for the trans will be in the back that screws right in.The sunstrand will stick out the top of the trans.I have the pump and trans for the eaton setup.As long as the housing is good shipping the trans gears will not be bad.

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Sounds like Bob will be able to get you hooked up once you find out a little more info on the Bolens 1886 :D

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NUTNDUN said:
Sounds like Bob will be able to get you hooked up once you find out a little more info on the Bolens 1886 :D
That would be sweet. I've become addicted to my 1476, and I love the way my Onan twin runs. I could only imagine what a large frame twin would feel like.

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
The 1886 is one of the best large frames thats why I have 9 of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts