Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 1886 started the other day for the first time for me. It had been sitting for quite a few years. It seems to run great, but it does smoke quite a bit. It has the Kohler k482 in it. Is there a known problem with these engine that when they smoke like this it is usually something specific? Or is it just worn out. I let it run for about an hour, but the smoke didnt get any better. Any suggestions? I am willing to pull the engine and rebuild it? just hate to as it runs so well.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Probably has a ring stuck. Add some Sea Foam to the oil and run that while and see if that helps it any.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so I added some Seafoam, and ran it for a while. It started to clear up after about 15 minutes. It runs pretty well and the compression has gone up in both cylinders by about 25 PSI. I should be able to run it now, except for a leak in the Hydro. The shaft on the right side is leaking. I also need another brake disc shaft, this one , the splines are all stripped off of it. Thank you all for the help. :thumbs: Now on to the 1476, Started to take the engine out last night, the only thing left is to get the drive-shaft off the engine, not looking like it is going to be an easy job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts