Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've enjoyed this tractor for several years but I've finally decided to sell it and make room in my garage. This is unique tractor with an interesting history. This tractor was originally owned by the N.C. State College of Agriculture and Engineering at the University of N.C. from 1956-2016. It was completely restored in 2016. The tractor comes with several implements as well as all historical documentation including the original invoice. Everything works on this tractor including the original engine – it starts every time, which is quite remarkable for a nearly 75-year-old engine. Only the engine solenoid has been replaced when it was restored. Also has the reverse plate. This is truly a collector’s tractor for a reasonable price. Must be seen in person to be appreciated. I have every picture throughout its restoration process as well. I’d love to see it go to another collector or someone who’ll appreciate its history. I’m simply selling it to make more storage room, but I’ve enjoyed owning it for a few years. It is an incredible conversation piece as well as a showstopper in a parade. Asking $2,800. Located in southern NH. Hoping to find a local collector in New England.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A Beautiful specimen!

I don't recall the toolbox being original on the Ridemasters ???
This tractor was originally owned by William (Bill) Splinter who purchased it for the University of N.C. The tool box was built by the school to hold the original tools as well as the engine pull cord. I learned of it through communication with Bill's daughter. It was not acquired for the restoration, but through many months of communication I was able to track it down and have it shipped to me as well as the original rear wheel weights. The original holes were on the frame for the tool box and it fit right in perfectly. The only item I was not able to track down was the original hitch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts