Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Bolens tractors. I recently picked up a fairly nice 1959 ride a matic and looking for a few parts or pictueres of this unit. Mine has a generator starter on it and I am looking how to adjust the belt and belt size for the starter. Also the coil for the kohler k161 engine is bad looking for part no. 230075 coil. Also lookng for hood I have mine but in very broken up condition. also any pictures of lights for this unit. Mine has a large plate with two headlights mounted init. appears by the mounting to be original to the machine becauce of the paint on it.Also looking for any attachments for this unit. any help would be greatly appreciated Jody Brown

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
:welcome: Always nice to see another Bolens owner. We have members willing to help answer your questions. I like to buy the older Bolens but still have a lot to learn.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Jody Brown,welcome to the forum.
Glad to have you with us.

·
621 Posts
brownboystoys said:
...Also the coil for the kohler k161 engine is bad looking for part no. 230075 coil....
Jody. I don't believe the magneto for that motor exists in the wild - I looked for months.
Quick test for your coil - should be about 7K ohms between the high-tension lead and ground.

I searched long and hard before converting to battery ignition. A 12v resistor coil and battery ignition condenser and a couple minor wiring changes got it running great.

Found the following site, but didn't follow-up: Other Magneto Parts

Oh ya - welcome to the forum - fellow ride-a-matic owner.

·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the ohm test but mine is in pieces behind flywheel. I have converted to battery and coil. Could you send me a picture of your fenders and generator monut and what makes generator belt tight. Mine has the generator but is missing what keeps it tight. Also a picture of the battery box would be helpful. Also do you know where to find a reverse disc. Thank you for the help and will send pictures as soon as i can get them posted. Thanks Jody Brown

·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info. How much for the hood? I may be having a freind who makes pedal car parts make me a hood. Thanks for the info.

·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the pictures but i got lucky this weekend at a show and found someone who had a almost prefect hood. for mine. Thanks again. jody

·
Super Moderator
5,799 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Did you check our manuals section? There are several Kohler manuals there. What model engine are you looking for?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts