Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can you guys tell me about this?

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-home-outdoor-lawnmowers-leaf-blowers-1960-Bolens-Ride-a-matic-Garden-Tractor-and-a-couple-attachments-W0QQAdIdZ476654226

Selling my 1960 Bolens Ride-a-matic. Includes a single furrow plow (not pictured) and front sickle-bar mower.

Motor runs great. Has been converted to battery ignition. The starter/generator works. Able to drive around.

After more than half a century, there's a gap between the current condition and perfect, but nothing too bad.

Still has the original engine guards (usually they are missing).
The sickle mower is a rare option and in good working condition.

I'm asking $500 (firm) and I really feel that the price reflects the current condition.

Please don't forget to include a phone number in your reply. I can't always tell if it's a valid or spam email address

$(KGrHqUOKooE6eMQO,4dBRc)ribjIg~~48_20.JPG $(KGrHqYOKpcFFysFy)lfBRc)rvEW3!~~48_20.JPG

$T2eC16d,!)cE9s4Pu,iBBRc)rYwQFg~~48_20.JPG $T2eC16R,!)cE9s4PtIO-BRc)rr7(Jw~~48_20.JPG

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Doug,I think the price is fair. I paid almost $300 for my Ride-A-Matic with no attachments. It was the first and only Ride-A-Matic that I have seen for sale in our area.This has also been converted to battery ignition. The other plus is the engine guards which I am also missing. These would have been removed for work on the tractor and left sitting in the shed. This is just my opinion and I am sure no expert. Hopefully our resident experts will give you a more informed opinion.

·
621 Posts
Doug, my expertise is limited to owning it. :wave: (Looks like I'm going to have to change my picture soon)

I bought it years ago to restore, but have way too many GTs and not enough time. Time to let someone else enjoy it. Some folks might not agree with letting it go, but they got theirs from someone who was good enough to let theirs go.

Converted it to battery ignition because the original coil had broken down - shorted out the high tension. Conversion was easy - an internal resistor coil, matching condenser and a few wires.

I think the price is fair - I'm getting a lot of responses.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doug, my expertise is limited to owning it. :wave: (Looks like I'm going to have to change my picture soon)

I bought it years ago to restore, but have way too many GTs and not enough time. Time to let someone else enjoy it. Some folks might not agree with letting it go, but they got theirs from someone who was good enough to let theirs go.

Converted it to battery ignition because the original coil had broken down - shorted out the high tension. Conversion was easy - an internal resistor coil, matching condenser and a few wires.

I think the price is fair - I'm getting a lot of responses.
So the one in the ad is yours? Small world.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Motobreeder, I wouldn't take any less then you are asking. With the included attachments, guards, and optional fenders you have a very nice package.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like a fair price to me. So fair I responded to the ad. Within 2 hours of it being posted. Going to pick it up on Wednesday. :rocker2:

Can't wait!

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I got the RAM. It's SOOOO awesome. The oldest tractor in my collection.

I just wanted to say Motobreeder was totally honest and up front about everything. He was a pleasure to deal with and showed me his whole collection which contains some fine specimens. He even dropped off some stuff we couldn't find last week. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again, which I probably will do soon.

·
Super Moderator
54,024 Posts
Glad you two could make a deal you are both happy with!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts