Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bolens
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1961 Ride-a-matic at a local auction in 2008 and for some unknown reason I have never got around to looking at it. My lad has been nagging me for ages to get it in the workshop so we can take a better look at it. We dragged it into the workshop over the Christmas break but have only just got around to looking at it.

It has lots of homemade add-ons and parts of it have been painted blue

IMG_1555.JPG

We got it running today but it needs some head and other engine work. The gearbox appears to be locked solid as it will not go into gear. Does anyone have any advice before I dig into it?

It looks like one of the head fixings also locates the front hood bracket. Mine is a bit of a mess, can someone help me with a picture of what it should look like?

IMG_1709.JPG

Thanks

Iain

Attachments

·
Tractorholic
8,348 Posts
It nice to have a young one interested in a tractor project .

Reactions: slf-uk

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Good video Iain and Joseph. Looking forward to more updates as and when you get to it.

·
Super Moderator
54,003 Posts
Great video, like how you integrated the stills into it.

Reactions: slf-uk

·
Bolens
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good commentary Joseph. And good workmanship too.

My only critique is that the editing could have edited out the old geezer mucking around on your RAM :)
Thanks Andrew. The old geezer would have put on his Sunday best and used a film star pose if he knew he was being videoed :D :camera:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Good update Iain. Glad you got the head sorted on the RAM. I drained the transmission oil from my 600 last week and it was no where near as grungy as yours I am pleased to say.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts