Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin has decided to let his grandpa’s tractor go . I’m a Wheel Horse guy and know these tractors keep going up in value. Everything is there with one very old repaint and I don’t think there’s any cracks anywhere . I’m working on getting some additional pictures. I do know his grandpa had it serviced every year at the dealer and they always tried to buy it back until his death. Looking forward to your response.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Green Font Motor vehicle Gas Bumper

·
Registered
1967 Craftsman 856C & 857C
495 Posts
My cousin has decided to let his grandpa’s tractor go . I’m a Wheel Horse guy and know these tractors keep going up in value. Everything is there with one very old repaint and I don’t think there’s any cracks anywhere . I’m working on getting some additional pictures. I do know his grandpa had it serviced every year at the dealer and they always tried to buy it back until his death. Looking forward to your response.
View attachment 413006 View attachment 413007
Here is some information for you from HAPCO gardentractorparts, TractorData, and TractorSpecs if you need it......

Wow! You got a rare tractor where ONLY 1,000 were built. They could fetch some GOOD money if they're restored right. I don't know how many people would agree with me, AND I'm Just throwing a number out there but I would say maybe $700-$900.

·
Registered
74 Posts
John Deere Round fenders are a pretty rare model. You may want to talk to your friend about keeping it. Since it was his grandpas tractor it may hold some sentimental value to him. He may seriously regret selling it later. Just my 2 cents. If you were to sell it you could get a very good profit out of it like others said. Have a great day!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1963 110's are worth a good amount. I have seen them go for well over 1000. Does it still have the fiberglass fenders? If so, that adds value as many were broken and replaced with steel fenders. Very nice looking tractor.
Yes everything to the tractor is original except one really old repaint but was done well . I’m more of keeping them with the patina but my cousin owned his own auto body shop for years so he knows how to lay some paint . Next year is the 60th anniversary for the 110’s . I’d like to see it go to the Portage , Wi. Garden Tractor Days show next year as it’s the feature tractor. I’m sure someone there would love to take it home or see it go through Mecum tractor auction . @johndeereelfman had gave me some good information on it a few years back and said $1500 the way it sits now .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts