Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an updraft B&S carb that will work with my 6HP original engine. If the carb is original or not, no concern, just needs to work. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Also, what is the possibility of finding the parts needed to create the rear PTO drive?? Is this something that can be found or do I just forget about that idea? :D

Thanks in advance guys!!

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Also, what is the possibility of finding the parts needed to create the rear PTO drive?? Is this something that can be found or do I just forget about that idea? :D

Thanks in advance guys!!
:welcometogttalk:​

Glad to have you with us. Unless something is missing or different about your 600., The PTO that comes with this model should be able to run front and/ or rear attachments as long as you've got the ujoint(s) and shaft.

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/files/file/1931-bolens-600800900-owners-manual/

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/files/file/2967-bolens-med-tube-frame-service-manual-552875-1/

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/20570-bolens-600-pto-info-needed/?hl=bolens+pto#entry275022

And of course;... :wewantpics:​

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the manual. I don't have a carburetor nor do I have the PTO pieces. I need a carb first obviously, then was looking for the PTO parts.

·
Old Iron Junky
1,359 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If I remember right any PTO off a tube frame should work as long its a single pulley and not a double.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
I have the manual. I don't have a carburetor nor do I have the PTO pieces. I need a carb first obviously, then was looking for the PTO parts.
Once you properly identify the pieces and type carb you're missing, site sponsors along with other kind folk 'round here can do more to help.

Goodluck

·
51 Posts
It's a standard 295857 carb that came on those engines. I just want one that will bolt on and work, even if it is not this exact one. But I'll take one of these if anyone has one used.

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
It's a standard 295857 carb that came on those engines. I just want one that will bolt on and work, even if it is not this exact one. But I'll take one of these if anyone has one used.
I have a carburetor for you used. I can't match it by part number. Without knowing your engine number, I can't picture what the 295857 looks like.

Is it the small one with the welch plug at the end of the choke shaft? Four bolt bowl?

Or is the the large one with the three bolt bowl, L shaped body?

Or is the the small one with the four bolt bowl, L shaped body?

I have a copy of all three.

Ben W.

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
142301 is the engine number. I don't know exactly what it looks like . . I don't have it.

·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm pretty sure it's a three bolt bowl and of course it's an updraft style. What do you have??

·
Registered
307 Posts
Would a G10 PTO work for this unit ? It is a single belt type ..........It might be easier to find something newer than older. Good Luck Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts