Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
My projects take longer so I enjoy them more...
4,939 Posts
Wow...

If it is a '66 the narrow tires are less common.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I paid 5K for this - it is green !

Tire Wheel Snow Car Vehicle

But it won't mow the grass.

Attachments

Reactions: limebuzz

·
Super Moderator
55,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
This is a 1966 John Deere 110 Garden Tractor. This was my 4-H project from last year. When I took it to the I entered it in the Self Determined category and received Grand Champion. Everything was done my me and my Dad. The engine is a reman K181. It had a starter instead of a generator. I converted it all back to as if it was the original engine. We had to make changes the governor and the carburetor is original. I sandblasted, primed, and painted everything myself. The hood is the original, it has one small crack in the center. In the deck I removed all of the spindles and took them apart and pressed new bearing in them. All of the pulleys on the deck are brand new. I put all new belts on it as well. Thanks.
In all fairness to the kid trying to sell the JD. It was his Senior 4H project and it took Grand Champion. If he would have been at any of the 4H stock shows around here, it would have brought more then what he is asking. I don't know why he didn't sell at his show? They sell really high at the stock shows because it's supposed to help the kids raise money for college.

With that being said, I highly doubt it will ever bring what he is asking for it on the open market!

Reactions: Trav1s

·
Registered
845 Posts
Looks like it doesn't like snow to well either! :rolling:
Oh it loves the snow ! It is me who doesn't like it . I shoveled that driveway before work . Then came home to that . Said the hell with it and just drove my way in . Had to stop because of the other car.

That was last year. Now I got a GT! :thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.