Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Immersed in Tractors
1,917 Posts
For sale is a Kohler K301 Engine. I have all the covers for the engine except the flywheel screen. Engine has good compression. Looks clean inside. No carb. Engine came off of 1968 Jacobsen Chief 1200. I believe it still has part of the electric clutch on it. Should fit on John Deere, Cub Cadet, Wheel Horse and many others. The engine date is 1968 so good engine if you need one in your tractor but want it to look original. Price negotiable. Feel free to ask questions. You guys know what this is worth no lowballers. Pickup only sorry.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Motor vehicle Asphalt Gas Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Rolling Gas

Attachments

·
My projects take longer so I enjoy them more...
4,931 Posts
I wish I was closer :wallbanging:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is that the big flywheel? Like 9.5in diameterish?? Cause I'm looking for a flywheel schroud, and backing plate with charge system at a good reasonable price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Immersed in Tractors
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its the same size flywheel as the 10hp K241 I believe

Is that the big flywheel? Like 9.5in diameterish?? Cause I'm looking for a flywheel schroud, and backing plate with charge system at a good reasonable price

·
Registered
158 Posts
Problem is kohler used 2 different flywheels, a small one for generator starter only, then a bigger one for generator and regular starter

·
Premium Member
15,608 Posts
For sale is a Kohler K301 Engine. I have all the covers for the engine except the flywheel screen. Engine has good compression. Looks clean inside. No carb. Engine came off of 1968 Jacobsen Chief 1200. I believe it still has part of the electric clutch on it. Should fit on John Deere, Cub Cadet, Wheel Horse and many others. The engine date is 1968 so good engine if you need one in your tractor but want it to look original. Price negotiable. Feel free to ask questions. You guys know what this is worth no lowballers. Pickup only sorry.

attachicon.gif
IMG_3035.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_3037.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_3038.JPG
Tommy, Just an FYI, the oil pan will fit Wheel Horse, but not JD because of the wide flange. Wish I saw this last year, I would have bought it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts