Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serial# 1590507128
I'm starting a thread on my MF8h that I recently got, tractor aside from the seat is 99% complete, was told it's not running, that it needed an oil change and lube job to run.???
This one I plan on restoring it best I can back to a good running unit. Came with only a mower deck. As I got it.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Shown with MF14, and MF16 both that I recently got.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
I think that will make for an easy restore. That nose cone is in great shape Doug.

Reactions: DH1

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally tried it to see if it runs and it's alive, partly.
I topped up the oil, drained the gas out of the tank and carb, put in fresh gas, new fuel filter, new battery, jumped the starter solenoid and it started right up. Adjust the main jet a little and it runs not to bad.
The hydro pump works but it won't move as the control cable is seized.
I'm sure if you gave this one a good once over, fixed that cable, an new key switch you would have a good little grass cutter.
Oh and it needs a seat.

·
Tractorholic
866 Posts
Sweet, I always liked the way my 8 handled... although, mine did a poor job mowing. to be fair, I had never touched the mower deck while I mowed with it. They do have great turning radius too.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
I was messing with this one again today, spent some time freeing up the Hydro control cable and it now moves. Tractor goes forward, backward seems to work OK. I had to know if this thing was a working tractor and it is. The choke cable is broken and I think when that happened the previous owner couldn't get it started and parked it till I came along and bought it.
This tractor is going to a better place, a friend of mine has a collection of Massey's and is missing a MF8Hydro. Tomorrow he will get this one to restore and add to his collection. I just hope that when he opens his Massey Garden Tractor museum he doesn't charge me admission.

·
4,478 Posts
Doug,
That is a nice 8H.
Sure you will make a very nice restore on that one.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
DH1 said:
This tractor is going to a better place, a friend of mine has a collection of Massey's and is missing a MF8Hydro. Tomorrow he will get this one to restore and add to his collection. I just hope that when he opens his Massey Garden Tractor museum he doesn't charge me admission.
Heck no. The "museum" is there for us tractor nuts to enjoy.
No admission charge to anyone. You just gotta find it.:smile1:

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, IamSherwood didn't get his tractor today as I couldn't use my friends trailer as he was away for the weekend, should of asked him earlier.
I did go up and meet with Will and we traded off some other parts, it's nice to see other members in person instead of on the monitor.
He has a awesome collection of Masseys and 1 big Bush Hog. I still got to get that tractor to him as that's where it belongs.
Glad to finally meet you Will, it was a worthwhile trip.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Delivered today, finally got it done hope this one turns out as nice as your others.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Woke up this morning to find a PM telling me that Doug and the mf8h where on their way.
I told him not to deliver it last week, as I was in no rush what so ever. Well, it landed in my yard by
11am today. He's just a great guy.., and what a nice clean machine he delivered.
Thanks Doug:thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts