Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
serial# 1944201397
Picked this up yesterday, came with complete MF520 snow blower, rear weight(homemade), 1 set 2 link tire chains, 1 set of pull behind gang mowers, and 1 MF510 48" mower deck.
$975.
Tire Wheel Lawn mower Riding mower Vehicle

edit had wrong # for mower deck

Attachments

·
Masseyholic
157 Posts
Nice........ I would love to have one of those.

Reactions: DH1

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
That looks to be in good shape Doug. Little fix up on the bezel, but that looks to be about it.
Of course, you'll be hunting for a 3pt hitch now.
That seems like a very fair deal, with the extras.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IamSherwood said:
That looks to be in good shape Doug. Little fix up on the bezel, but that looks to be about it.
Of course, you'll be hunting for a 3pt hitch now.
That seems like a very fair deal, with the extras.
The pictures on this one make it look a lot better than it is, I just cut grass on it for 2hrs +or-, and no problems it is a good running unit, needs a few small things fixed up but useable as it is.
3 point for it is a must, I got to get one some were, going to sell the blower and weight I just can't see myself using it.

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
Nice find. I've given up on finding a 3pt for my amf1014 (mf14). I was going to build one but decided to build a sleeve hitch for it instead. I'm going to use a lift rod to attach to the same point on the deck lift that the tiller uses. I have the hitch and lift rod done, just need to make a rockshaft. This way I don't need another hyd cylinder, it's much easier/cheaper to build and I don't have to remove the knockout on the back of the seat pan/fenders. I'll post pics of it as soon as I get it finished. I've been horribly, horribly and I mean HORRIBLY busy for the last couple of months.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I cut most of my grass, 5 to 6hrs seat time, this thing is definitely capable of taking over grass cutting duties here. It doesn't get to all the spots or trim around the trees like my 3wheeler does but it has got more cutting power at the blades in tall thick grass.
This is a working tractor that has been used, with wear and tare on it.

Things to fix
-steering, too sloppy spindles don't come any where near the steering stops, can't turn tight.
-exhaust, too noisy, the fitting that comes out of the block is cracked and the exhaust exits the muffler though the mesh in the front grill, not the right muffler.
-seat, shot might as well not even be there, like sitting on a piece of plywood.
-tin, hood and some of the heat shields loose, not fitting properly, missing bolts.
-mower deck belts, they didn't break today but they sure look bad.
Plus what ever else I find as time goes on.

One thing is for sure the MF14,16s, are a step or 2 up from the MF10,12s, I guess the 1655 and 1855 would be again a step or 2 up from the MF14,16s.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
broken2 said:
Nice find. I've given up on finding a 3pt for my amf1014 (mf14). I was going to build one but decided to build a sleeve hitch for it instead. I'm going to use a lift rod to attach to the same point on the deck lift that the tiller uses. I have the hitch and lift rod done, just need to make a rockshaft. This way I don't need another hyd cylinder, it's much easier/cheaper to build and I don't have to remove the knockout on the back of the seat pan/fenders. I'll post pics of it as soon as I get it finished. I've been horribly, horribly and I mean HORRIBLY busy for the last couple of months.
I'd be interested in hearing more and seeing some pictures, sounds like a good idea, and I know what you mean about not having enough time to get stuff done.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Nice attachments/tractor. I would like to have a MF GT but I don't know if I would go for a 14/16 or a 1655/1855. There seem to be more of the newer MF GT's for sale here in N.S.

·
Ron Paul
1,009 Posts
DH1 said:
One thing is for sure the MF14,16s, are a step or 2 up from the MF10,12s, I guess the 1655 and 1855 would be again a step or 2 up from the MF14,16s.
Yep, eventually some of your 10/12s will be for sale so you can buy more 14/16s

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mikebramel said:
Yep, eventually some of your 10/12s will be for sale so you can buy more 14/16s
Naa I'm not going to to crazy here, just keep the 1 MF16 I got, set it up the way I want and use it.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The MF16 has a Kolher K341, the the exhaust fitting that screws into the block, 45deg. elbow, is cracked.
Anybody know where I can get one?

·
Live long and prosper
6,789 Posts
That sure looks like a good deal from here. Nice pictures. Glad it runs nice for you.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Nice Doug,congrats.

·
Super Moderator
54,352 Posts
Doug, nice tractor. On the exhaust elbow, what is the spec # for the engine? Have to have that to look up parts. Maybe e-bay for used, Parts Tree for new. Others may know of some where it can be found.

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Doug
Just had a memory recall, and went to the shed.
Is this the one?
I'll get it off tomorrow if it is. (can't today as you know)
Major internal issue in that motor, and by the time I get around
to fixing it, I'll have forgot it ever had an elbow. Might as well be
put to good use.

Attachments

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That looks like it, here's a picture of mine.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Wood Automotive tire Gas Auto part Bumper

Comparing the 2 yours looks like iron pipe fittings, 45deg, + short piece of pipe, that would work.

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    98.5 KB Views: 2
1 - 20 of 102 Posts