Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, there's one of these for sale near me, non-running, with deck, blower & tiller, all looking pretty rough. I haven't been able to dig up much info about this model, other than that it would be hydro drive and 16 HP. Wondering how the tiller attaches and drives (pto/shaft or belt)(hydraulic lift? sleeve hitch?), and whether this model would be something worth fixing up. Thanks!

·
DR. Bolens
19,075 Posts
The H-16 a Hydrostatic tubeframe model.
It has a built in hydrolic lift to raise and lower the attachments. The attachments are shaft driven from the PTO and they are the "Fast switch attachment" system which means you can uncouple and hook up attachments in minutes. No belts to adjust, just slide in the hitch pins and connect the attachments driveshaft and your done :bounce:

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Hi bobl, I was looking at that tractor as well not far from me, and I think for the price you can't go wrong!! I have a H14 that needs some side panels and I think the H16 side panels would fit? As far as the attachments go they are shaft driven off the mid PTO. Not sure what happened to the engine but it is worth the money in my opinion. If the attachments are in good shape you got the tractor for free.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
I have an H-16,pretty good little tractor.

·
1 Posts
Hey awol! do you know anything about one that you posted? I just saw it on Kijiji and have sent an e-mail to this person.

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
Zig said:
Hey awol! do you know anything about one that you posted? I just saw it on Kijiji and have sent an e-mail to this person.
Hey Zig, First off :welcome:to GTtalk. I know nothing about the tractor other than for $250.00 with all the implements, weights and chains it's a good deal!

·
Tractorholic
343 Posts
bobl said:
BTW awol, we're practically neighbors - I'm just west of Perth.
Not to far at all i'm just on Roger Stevens Dr 4K outside Smiths Falls. If you ever want to meet up let me know!!:beerchug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts