Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serial# 1944007658, the last year they made MF14's
Picked this up last night, bare tractor with mower deck and chrome hubcaps. Is a running, working tractor, a little rough, missing nose ring but everything seems to work on it. Paid $300.

·
4,482 Posts
Sounds Like a good deal.
Need Pics.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IamSherwood said:
Looks great.
What is that on the fender?
A 120volt household waterproof switch, guy said it was probably for a tow behind sprayer???

·
Super Moderator
54,370 Posts
Nice tractor. Price sounds pretty good to me for one like that. Thanks for the pics.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Had some time today to take a good look at the MF14 and found that it has I believe original paint on it, the hood anyway. Drove it around runs pretty good, no smoke, no knocks the Hydrostatic seems to be OK, hyd. lift works, electric clutch works, tires look ok, drives not to bad, turns better, tighter than my MF16. Has a new battery, not the right size just needs the hold down modified a bit.

Now for the bad, fuel leak, seems to come from the fuel pump which looks to have been replaced (pic). Throttle shaft has a lot of play in it surprising how good it idles though. The lights don't work, wiring for the front and the rear lights have been replaced with some after market ones and are missing the covers. The seat is ripped and one mount broken. The rear cut out has been patched up, the whole rear fender sheet metal is dented up with some drilled holes in it for whatever???
Plus??
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

I got plans for this one.

Attachments

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
$300 is a great price with deck. Wondering about those plans for it? Is that electric switch on the fender an omen?

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Doug, that Massey MF14 is a great deal for $300. Actually it is more like a steal considering what they have been going for. Congrats on adding to the herd.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
olcowhand said:
$300 is a great price with deck. Wondering about those plans for it? Is that electric switch on the fender an omen?
Fellow I bought it off of said he thought the switch was for a pull behind electric sprayer.
This one runs to good to convert to electric.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NUTNDUN said:
Doug, that Massey MF14 is a great deal for $300. Actually it is more like a steal considering what they have been going for. Congrats on adding to the herd.
I saw the ad 24 minutes after he listed it, got a hold of him and drove 2 1/2 hrs right away to get it.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IamSherwood said:
Try it without the fuel pump. My 16 doesn't have one, and runs great.
Picture of blank covering pump mount before resto.
That might work, the fuel tank does sit higher than the carb.

·
Live long and prosper
6,791 Posts
Congrats. Looks like a great deal.

·
Accumulator
13,481 Posts
Congrats on the 14 Doug.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
That looks pretty good. You guys seem to find lots of MF GT's up there in Ontario.

·
Electric Tractors
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Today I gave the 14 it's first real test, cut about 2/3 of my grass with it, ran at least 1 full tank of gas through it and it did OK. At first didn't want to run right but after about 10, 15 minutes it smoothed out and now doesn't miss a beat, smooth and steady. Found that the fuel leak is from the gas line not the fuel pump as I was told by the previous owner. Needs a few things fixed up to make it nice but this one runs good, better than my MF16.
Pictures of the long grass it was cutting.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery
Tire Riding mower Wheel Lawn mower Plant

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts