Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 79 PK 1614. All is good except the steering box. The top where the shaft goes in is broken. It was welded. Then broken again. Has anyone modified a different box to use? And what did you use? Or did you just patiently wait to find the right box. So far I’m turning up ONE in Connecticut… a way away from me in Central NY.
Thanks folks.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
This is a common problem with grabbing the steering and pulling themselves up on the tractor there's no need to try and adapt another type of steering gearbox there are tons of the originals out there, watch for e bay listings as you might join FB Power King groups many sellers on there with all the parts you may need

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a common problem with grabbing the steering and pulling themselves up on the tractor there's no need to try and adapt another type of steering gearbox there are tons of the originals out there, watch for e bay listings as you might join FB Power King groups many sellers on there with all the parts you may need
I found a guy who has one on Facebook. He’s in Connecticut. I am considering it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts