Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought home a couple of Planet Jr's recently. Got the small one running the other day and this was the result,

The other one is one of the larger ones with a Toro engine. Has fantastic compression and a cracked flywheel :wallbanging:

Oh well, there are days like that

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:welcometogttalk: Hi Brian What series Toro engine does it have? I may have a flywheel for you Chuck
That would be fantastic! I will have to go out and look at it tomorrow to see what I can find out, it has a Eisman(sp?) ignition where you adjust the points through a cutout in the flywheel. Its the first one of these engines I've ever seen in person.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks very much for the manual! The only thing left on the tag that I can read is the serial #04494 but, from the info in the manual I gather that the engine is either a MF or a MH. It has the Eissmann type 71F mag.

Is there any way to pin a exact date on that engine?

·
Summer.
4,536 Posts
Good to see it moving under it's own power, solid chunks of steel in that tractor, pull like a mule too !

Reactions: brian d
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.