Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill apologize in advance for the poor lighting. I will try and get some in better lighting shortly but for the time being my curiosity has got the best of me. This walk tractor belonged to my grandfather and has been in the back of one of our old buildings for many years. It has no tags that i can find. The engine mounted on it is a Wisconsin AKN. I would like to restore it in the near future but identifying it is my first step lol. Any ideas on who the manufacturer is or where i should be looking. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I say Waterloo

edit:

The flat stock handlebars don't seem right but the X brace handles, double cast iron pulley, and the 16 inch tires look Waterloo model 40.

We need New.Canadian.DB.Restorer or Mike Unwin to chime in on this one.
Thats the closest model ive found as well but like you said the handles are different. I quite enjoy the fact that it appears to be at least a little unusual.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. I have lived just outside of arkona for all 25 years of my life and so have my parents and grandparents for most of theirs. My grandparents are in that same cemetary. I know a few people from around aylmer as well so we more then likely have a few friends in common....new.canadian.db.owner.....I am going to try and get the walk tractor out on the weekend and get any info that i can for you. I think ive also got a cultivator for it. do you have any other literature? my biggest thrill with this sort of stuff if understanding the history with as much detail as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.