Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
Amber Vehicle Font Motor vehicle Gas

I didn't get to spend as much time at this show as I would have liked to due to other commitments. This was my first time at the show after being told from quite a few people that it is a nice show. After being there I can definitely agree that they do have a great show at Menges Mills. They have a very nice layout along with some great shade cover from all of the mature trees and the ground is fairly level as well so it makes for easier walking.

This years show was their 25th Anniversary show. Considered to be their "Silver Anniversary". The show is held in Spring Grove, PA and the dates for this year were July 15th to the 17th, 2011. There were a lot of nice displays covering everything from garden tractors, hit and miss engines, farm tractors, steam engines and horses. Since I didn't get to spend as much time there as I would have liked I didn't get to find out all of the different events they have. I do know they have a parade and just in the couple of hours I was there, they had all sorts of activities for the young ones.

I had a chance to talk to Josh Deaven who is taking care of organizing the LAGC Eastern Extravaganza here in Dover, PA. I also was able to talk to Jim and Dan Kehr who are the ones that built the Half Scale Minneapolis Molines G706 that we did an article on not too long ago. I also had a chance to talk to an old friend Tom Eller who I went to school with.

I did manage to squeeze off over 200 pictures during my short stay. I know a picture is worth a thousand words so I will get right down to directing you to all of the pictures in the gallery which can be found at: Menges Mills 25th Anniversary Show Gallery

If you are in the area or within reasonable driving distance you definitely want to check out this show. I know I will be back again next year.

• Merle013 said thank you

1 - 1 of 1 Posts