Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tractorholic
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my hobbies/side jobs is doing small scale field work with my ford 2600 farm/utility tractor. My latest job (tonight) was mowing around the edges of a patch work of 5 fields and the trails through the woods that connect them. The property is 60+ acres and is bordered by hundreds of acres of vacant land. The P.O. moved to Florida and the property was left unmaintained. The new owner wants to start getting it prepped for deer season. I may put a food plot in for him next year but for now he just wants it accessible. I started mowing it, and could have finished it yesterday but I kept stopping to explore/hike the woods. That's one of the reasons I don't charge by the hour, I'm easily distracted by nature. I finished it tonight in the dark and had a great time, I love being out on secluded land, especially at night. Here's some pics, the ones after dark didn't turn out that great but I still think they're cool. The mist was awesome!

Plant Sky Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Tree
Plant Sky Natural landscape Tree Land lot
Plant Vehicle Car Tree Natural landscape
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Plant community
Plant Tire Plant community Wheel Automotive tire
Plant Sky Vehicle Natural landscape Agricultural machinery
Sky Plant Natural landscape Moon Tree
Sky Plant Atmosphere Cloud Automotive lighting
Sky Atmosphere Ecoregion Light Moon
Sky Cloud Atmosphere Moon Blue

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,603 Posts
Great pics!

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
I love the picture of the little glow of the Ford's headlights and the instruments. I like driving my old six volt systems at night. If you work a John Deere two cylinder hard enough, the muffler will glow red.

Ben W.

Reactions: oldedeeres

·
Anything Red . . .
12,049 Posts
Dan, great scenery. Glad you were able to share them.

I used to never give it a thought, but lately we've had such an inrush or coyotes, bear, and who knows what all that I am getting more wary of the woods at night especially.
It's those "who knows what all" that can gitcha". Um hum!

·
Collector of stuff
1,813 Posts
Some really great pictures, I love the view from the tractor out over the illuminated dash into the cone of the headlights and beyond to the mist.

·
Tractorholic
3,097 Posts
Those were some really nice pictures, thanks for sharing them. I wonder if I could ever find enough side work like that to justify a larger tractor for myself? I think even the night pictures turned out quite well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts