Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This turned out to be a nice show to attend. It was my first time there. It is sponsored by the Central Maryland Antique Tractor Club.This year's featured tractor was Allis- Chalmers and it was well represented. The show is held at the Harney Fire Co which is at the Maryland Pennsylvania line about 20 miles south of Gettysburg,PA. The show runs thru tomorrow. They had a nice turnout.The GT's were outnumbered by the big guys but there were still enough to see. I'll post some of the pics I took.

Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Ecoregion
Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Ecoregion
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Tractor
Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Sky
Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Looks like a good show. I like the ride a matic with the sickle mower mounted out the front. Bolens had some great attachments for their tractors over the years.

·
5,516 Posts
Nice day for a show, sunny but not hot. Some interesting pictures you have. The JD with steel wheels unique. I could watch a blacksmith for a long time, always thought it fascinating to see. Thanks for the pics.

·
Super Moderator
54,611 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Looks like a nice show! That steel wheeled JD is sure different. Like the little dozer, too.

·
Tractorholic
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the pics! Looks like a nice show! That steel wheeled JD is sure different. Like the little dozer, too.
When I spoke with the fellow on the JD he said that he got the idea after working with some Amish that used steel wheels on their tractors. He found wheels that would fit and put them on his JD. The man with the dozer said that it was built from a kit purchased from an ad in Popular Mechanics. ( My wife finds it amusing when I just walk up to strangers and strike up a conversation. But most folks like to tell you about their machines ) Also wanted to mention that in the second pic in my second post that shows the two walk behinds, I recognized that fellow from the Dover Show last August. He said that he is looking forward to being at the show again this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts