Garden Tractor Forums banner

3Rd Or Top Link For 1650

849 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  glgrumpy 
#1 ·
Just got my 1650 three point home. It doesn't have the top link with it. I see in parts book where it goes on that center machined area and doesn't look real hard to make maybe? Anyone have one to sell or any parts of it? Anyone ever try to make one? Left hand threads are the biggest problem. Might just have to buy a ready made one from TSC or such and figure out that goofy strap to mount it? Looks pretty crude there.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
WELCOME TO GT TALK.

I bought one from TSC because mine was frozen up and I broke the bolt trying to get it unstuck. The original "U" that fits around the rock shaft wasn't long enough for the new top link so I got a piece of 2"x1" flat stock I had and took it to the sheet metal shop I used to work at. They have a water jet and cut me out a new one with 3/4" longer legs. Works great. If you don't have access to a water jet you can always make one with a piece of 1" x 1/4" flat stock by heating it and bending it into a "U" and drilling holes for the pin to go through. Good luck with your project. If you need pictures I'll be happy to take some.

#3 ·
I was looking at making one like the original and I still will but other projects have multiplied. When i was looking I priced everything to make it with.

Hex steel rod was about $15
left hand tap about $15
Left hand all thread about $12
right hand all thread was about $10

All of this was sourced on ebay and online metals.com.
If I remember correctly, everything was right at $100 and I would have been able to make 2-3 toplinks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.