Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fella's,Just wondering if someone could point me in the right directions for a replacement shaft for my blower? Gas Auto part Cylinder Rectangle Wood Watch Automotive tire Nickel Gas Jewellery Gas Auto part Bumper Cylinder Metal Automotive tire Circle Pest Fashion accessory Carmine

The universal joint was getting weak a few months ago so i took it to a machine shop and he welded a pin into the one end.That worked for a week then another let go,replaced it and so on. Now its worn to the point its time for a new one.Is there another brand that uses this style of shaft? The square end is 7/8 by 3/4.

Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
Try a good, quality, farm equipment dealer. A real one. You'll need an old timer who stocks PTO and drive shafts in all the unique styles and sizes used through the years. I have one locally that would have it.

Ben W.

·
Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict
32,409 Posts
TSC used to carry that shafting. The tubing is not round like your original, but will work fine if aligned well when welded to the yoke.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,I dont know of any old implement dealers around hear(Don't know a part # , sorry can't help you) lol.So i guess i'll be heading to TSC. I thought i read somewhere that a Bolens used a shaft like this but shorter.Not sure though???????????????

·
Registered
254 Posts
A wide variety of garden tractors used this size shaft for mid-mount belly mowers. Obviously the length may not be exact, but the u-joints/yokes would be.

The catalog at my local TSC shows this shaft, and they could order it complete or individual pieces. They didn't have anything in stock though.

--Eric

Reactions: limebuzz
1 - 7 of 7 Posts