Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to replace the female end of the pto shaft on their blower? I've been replacing the pins in the u-joint for 2 years now,and today it finally flew apart. And go figure, massey says it's an obsolete part. Just wondering if anyone has found a shaft that will work from something else.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had to make a shaft for my tiller that shaft and tube are the same size I believe I bought a Weasler series 6 tube and yoke tube is 1"x 1 1/8" and the shaft is 3/4" x 7/8" It was the easiest way for me since now the u joint I put in are greasable and REPLACABLE

·
Registered
327 Posts
I bought the shaft and tube with yokes from Thiesens Then bought the u joints locally Thiesens was the cheapest around and arrived within 48 hrs Heres the catch the shafts and tubes are 4 foot long so I had to cut them down to size Or you may get lucky if you can weld and build your own out of the parts Good luck

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does Thiesens have a website? And do they ship to Canada? I think an old Bolens snow thrower used the same shaft, but don't know what model.

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
Any welding or machine shop that works on Ag equipment can build you a new shaft will replaceable parts.

Reactions: limebuzz

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. The MF dealer said to swing by and they will find,or make something for me.

·
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got all the parts bought and took to my local machine shop. Went and picked it up this afternoon. Waiting for the paint to dry. So tomorrow after work I will install the new shaft. Much stronger than factory pto shaft. This should last longer than me. Lol. And it's got a greasable u joint.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,355 Posts
On that red u-joint. What has it got inside the long end?

·
Super Moderator
54,355 Posts
Kenny,It's got a 1/2X3/4 square female opening.
Thanks! Was`hoping it might be a 3/4 X 7/8. That's what the Ford tiller has. (I think)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts