Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
I joined a UK forum while looking for some info on the HDT1000. and a member there PMed me about the HDT1000 decal on the front of the hood.

Turns out that he is in CT!

He says that he for it FREE, and that the original engine had problems so he replaced the K3D with a K3E, which gives it a bit more Hp.

I invited him to join us here, and hope that he does and will and share some pics.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That's really good news. I wil be very interested in seeing some photos when he join this forum.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Yes I am. I am Andrew under the pseudonym Triumph66! I changed my name here to Bolens800uk. The photo on my avatar is my 1254 awaiting some work which is the same one I use on MOM.

·
1,205 Posts
Well that is good news. Will look forward to seeing him here.

·
Super Moderator
54,015 Posts
Glad to hear there is another over here! Maybe I'll stumble across one!

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
That would be number 6....

·
Banned
5,695 Posts
I wonder how many do exist in the states? Do you know if the other three have serial numbers?

Does he have good fender decals, Dave?

Ben W.

Reactions: OldBuzzard

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
In the US?

Enlighten me.

I know of four.

The ugly yellow on that pulltilbroke owns, the one that sold on eBay, the one I just listed in CT, and mine.
Yep I know of 6 now in the US.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
I wonder how many do exist in the states? Do you know if the other three have serial numbers?

Does he have good fender decals, Dave?

Ben W.
You know, I neglected to ask him about the fender and Hi/Lo decals. :(

I do know that he does not have the HDT1000 decal on the front of the hood, and his DOES have a serial number tag under the seat.

I have no clue as to whether or not the eBay had one, and I know that pulltilbtoke's and mine don't have serial numbers.

Yep I know of 6 now in the US.
How about a little documentation of that claim?

·
Premium Member
5,740 Posts
You know, I neglected to ask him about the fender and Hi/Lo decals. :(

I do know that he does not have the HDT1000 decal on the front of the hood, and his DOES have a serial number tag under the seat.

I have no clue as to whether or not the eBay had one, and I know that pulltilbtoke's and mine don't have serial numbers.

How about a little documentation of that claim?
What Documentation do you need? A collector friend of mine has number 5. I have one photo of number 6 on my phone from a guy out west that asked me for info on them by way of my craigslist ad's last year.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
pics would be nice

And/or confirmation from the actual owners, like this PM I got on the MoM forum:

Old Buzzard I recently obtained an hdt 1000 and I don't have any decal with hdt 1000 on that machine the only thing it says is bolens like that picture.
When I asked about a serial number and if it was the one that was on eBay:

No, I saw one there but didn't bid on it. I don't have that decal on mine saying hdt 1000 just bolens. My serial number is under the seat but the decal is a little torn so I am not sure if I have all the numbers on it . I got this one for free!!! Although the engine was bad so I put in another but instead of the K3D I installed a K3E( minor differences) it also came with the manual, another 2 brochures on bolens tractors, the mower deck and the front snow blade.

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
... Does he have good fender decals, Dave?

Ben W.
Got another PM from him with a little more info.

He says that the SN is 0100111. That would have made it the 11th one off the line! He didn't give a model number so I don't know if it's a 2388 or 2388S. I'm trying to get that information.

He did say that there were fender decals but the Hi/Lo decal is missing.

I'm trying to get him to get pics and measurements of the fender decals.

I'm also trying to get him to join us here.

·
Deceased
1,441 Posts
there will be a 5th comeing soon

·
Deceased
4,845 Posts
Well, since the guy never did join, and never posted pics, I'd have to say that YOURS is the 4th since it's verified by pics.

I know some people 'claim' that they know of others, but without pics it's just baseless claims.

No different that those that claim that they have seen bigfoot, but never have the pics to back it up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts