Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking something up recently, and realized that my 1250 large frame is 50 years old this year. It is still a very viable usable tool. I started to ponder what else I have that is the same age or older that I still use that has stood the test of time as well. I do have a few things, but for the most part everything is much newer. My hat is off to the fantastic Bolens engineering and manufacturing, and the industry we had back then that made this quality possible.

Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
"Difference designed with performance in mind"

·
Registered
457 Posts
just to add to the conversation - I have a 1968 Ariens snowblower ,along with a 1970s and 80s models (need back up snowblowers) that all have the original engines that have been getting used for pretty much every storm for the 15 years or so that I've had them - again, good old stuff.....

my interest here is from my 1447 Bolens with a Johnson loader (not sure how old that is... 1968? 73?) and my Bobcat M-371 (1973 - k241 14 hp kohler) - old but still "working"

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doug, are you going to have a party? Save me some cake.
Probably no party or cake. We have reached a point in this household that after some point in middle age, we don't celebrate birthdays as much. We still do have a big bash for those reaching 90 or 100 however!

If we did have cake, luv ya bro, but it would be tough to save you one around this crowd!

D

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
A vintage GT is like a fresh pair of old gloves. The attachments click into place with a sense of belonging and companionship each and every time, decade after decade, leaving you marveled at just how special it must've been back when the machine was brand new. :)

·
I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine
1,492 Posts
I didnt appreciate birthdays until I turned 50. Making it 1 more year with no major heath issues is something to be proud of. That 50 year old bolens is probably in better shape than I am. I spent the first 4 months of this year with a jacked up back. I got juiced up in late April and am back to 50%, but the current 100% is 50% of what I was at 30

Reactions: bprzyw

·
1,204 Posts
My 1250 celebrates it's 50th also. It has a totally rebuilt engine and runs fantastic, love the old machines.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts