Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to find a replacement "driveshaft" for a bolens eliminator 1700 model 5017G? The parts diagram describes this as a driveshaft but it really is the part that connects the driveshaft to the engine. It is cast, and i broke it when taking the driveshaft . I could not find the part on ebay, amazon, jack's small engine....

thanks
brad

·
Registered
181 Posts
If it is just that adapter and not the universal joint it's self, then it looks like an easy piece to machine. Take it to a machine shop and have them turn a new one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, just the adapter, or, the stub shaft. The link from "sharkman" took me to the correct part except that needs about 3" of the 1" shaft cut off. I'm hoping I can just cut this off with my harbor freight horizontal/vertical band saw. THANKS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
The 1736100 stub shaft that you need was used on all of the following Bolens tractors with the Kohler KT and Magnum Series engines:

QT17, 5017H, 5017G, 5018H, 5019H and 5020H. Also was used on the early model DuraTrac 5118H and 5120H which had the Kohler Magnum engines. The stub shaft can be sourced new from Kohler (I'd have to dig for the correct part #), but it is expensive. I don't have any availability used, but perhaps this will help broaden your search for a good used part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts