Garden Tractor Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm guessing it's how the injector pump is set up. The Kubota g4200 with the Z430 is rated at 12hp.
Oh alright.... Maybe I will turn it up and make it 15 horsepower....

Reactions: KennyP

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Alright guys... The project has officially started. I'm picking up the diesel on Monday.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well I have a slight problem. The engines both spin the same way as they are, but the radiator and air screen is in the back of the engine in the Kubota, and the Cub has a big ol' fuel tank in the way... So idk what to do about that, I don't want to relocate the fuel tank either. Thanks for answers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have figured out my own solution in the last couple days. I am going to install a smaller fuel tank from a Quietline and remove the firewall. That should give me plenty of room to install the engine and any other "accessories" I may install in the future.

·
Premium Member
7,364 Posts
I think your going to regret taking out the firewall. You'd be better off to mount the radiator in the front, run longer hoses, and use an electric fan. The other option is to do as I did and lengthen the frame.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well its gonna be an even harder job trying to mount the radiator in the front, and I'd rather not cut up the frame either. The firewall does absolutely nothing besides hold the gas tank in place.

·
Premium Member
7,364 Posts
That's the nice thing about these projects, they are yours and you can do anything you like.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yes LOL! I am also trying to save for a nice original Category 0 3 point, that will most likely be mine in 2 or 3 weeks (I have to save the money to buy it lol).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I got the 3 point last night, it came with a 582 Cub attached to it :D. I also got an original Brinly A-frame with it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thank you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Made a little progress on the diesel swap today, got some mounting stuff figured out and removed more parts off the 782.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Should I abandon this project? There hasn't been any work done on the engine swap, and there has to be custom motor mounts, driveshaft, and use the wiring from the Kubota tractor. I'm wondering if I should just find a gently used Command from a Cyclops to stick in it. Would most likely be a direct bolt in, and its newer and most likely more efficient.

·
Super Moderator
54,141 Posts
Depends on whether you can make the necessary parts and rewired it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I'm gonna keep working on it. I got motor mounts figured out, with minimal frame "modifications".

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Built the motor mounts today, they look good. Just have to drill a few holes, make a few welds and the motor will be ready to mount.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Also, does anyone know what this thing is? It looks like some kind of drawbar hitch. Its too narrow to fit inside the back of a cub cadet frame, but it fits perfectly inside a category 0 plate.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
54,141 Posts
Got some pics with dimensions?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts