Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This issue has been present for a while, just now I am addressing it. The steering wheel pops off the "steering shaft" whenever any force is applied to steer the tractor. The first pic is when the wheel is still on the shaft, the second and third pic is when the wheel popped off.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

·
Fixer of Broken junk
4,799 Posts
Cub Cadet part # 941-3023

It's just a nylon bushing. I have a 127 that has the same problem but the 127 should have a dense foam spacer between the bushing and steering wheel which is supposed to keep tension on the bushing.

On the 782 It's supposed to have a rubber O-Ring (Cub Cadet part # 721-3000) between the steering wheel and the bushing to apply a bit of tension. That bushing is around $5 and the O-Ring is $1.75 online.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I'm gonna try to get that fixed soon.

·
Registered
474 Posts
It kind of looks like your wheel raises out of the tub when it is turned. If this is the case then you need to address your steering box. When the steering box is warn it will allow the steering shaft to move up when you turn the wheel.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I was thinking that was the problem, but I can't move the steering shaft up or down at all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steering is fixed. All that happened was the steering wheel wasn't tightened down and the plastic bushing came out of place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts