Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed up here quite some time ago. I have not posted much. I got an 853 from a good friend last year and decided to do some work to it. This tractor has a new short block in it and the original owner was going to put it in a dumpster. My friend rescued it years ago. It sat in his barn for years before he offered to sell it to me. He did all the mechanical work on the tiller. I just needed to strip and paint it.

The tractor was in pretty nice shape. I took it apart, replaced rear seals, main brake and drum brake, exhaust bracket, complete re-wiring, new ignition switch, oil flush, weld fill/grind clutch yokes for worn slots, added on accessory lift kit,

Here are a bunch of pictures of it. It runs great and the tiller works really well. The hydraulic lift is really nice to have on this.

Attachments

·
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys thanks for the kind words. I'm lucky to have gotten that tractor. It may go to the tractor show this year. It's the only gear driven one I own and rather fun to drive around. The other six I restored are hydrostatics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts