Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my baby. 96 F150 that originally had a straight 6.

Now has a 460 with a C6 tci transmission and a 9" rear end.

Truck was taken completely apart

Sandblasted frame

All new brakes

All new steering parts fuel etc etc..

Anyone else have any neat fords?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,559 Posts
Nice truck. My son is a mechanic at a ford dealer. He will like that when I show him. He has an old beater f150. 1984 model, with rebuilt 302 , 4 barrel , headers and duals. Fun to drive. Noel.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
"she's a beaut' Clark"

Not bad looking... for a Ford :poke:

I'll take big block HP anyway it comes!

Are you going for Lightening clone when you paint it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gonna paint it cardinal red just like stock:)

Funny story.. I bought this truck when I was 16 in high school. Had it for 5 years.. When i moved to the city and went to college, i sold it and bought a honda civic to be economical. Once i graduated college and had a good job, i found the truck by chance on craigslist and bought it back!!! Same person i sold it to, he took great care of it!

I bought a 2007 Silverado Z71 shortly after ( i still had my old ford though). The Silverado had under 36000 miles and it burnt a quart of oil every 1000 miles!!! 2 GM dealerships told me it was normal. One dealer said it was due to low compression rings they are designed that way!?!! hahaha. I was so mad, i sold the silverado and decided to dump the 20-30grand in my old ford instead! Once a Ford man always a ford man. I now have a brand new red F150 STX 5.0 as well. :)

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I bought a 2007 Silverado Z71 shortly after ( i still had my old ford though). The Silverado had under 36000 miles and it burnt a quart of oil every 1000 miles!!! 2 GM dealerships told me it was normal. One dealer said it was due to low compression rings they are designed that way!?!! hahaha. I was so mad, i sold the silverado and decided to dump the 20-30grand in my old ford instead! Once a Ford man always a ford man. I now have a brand new red F150 STX 5.0 as well. :)
Yep, GM had major issue with oil burning in those motors, especially the 07-08 yrs with the 5.3L. It was actually an issue with faulty design of pan and not have a windage tray in the oil pan, oil was being slung up in cyls and getting past rings. My coworker was burning 3-4 gts of oil every 3000 miles in his '08. They installed a windage tray, fixed the oil burning, but then there was an issue with poor casting of the block where intake bolts on.....he ended up getting a brand new motor out of it.

That's cool that you were able to buy the truck back and have your high school vehicle.

I sold my first vehicle, '72 Cutlass, in '1998 as parts car due to rust, saw it last year on CL...or parts of it. Kid I sold it too parted it out immmediately, the guy who bought the parts put them on CL 13 yrs later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.