Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The freebie part is great, but the fact that he delivered it too, made

it a real sweet day.

It had been sitting in his shed for 12 years. Last weekend he asked if I

wanted it. SURE.

I checked oil, spark, looked in the gas tank which was spotless, I put some gas

in, and a splash down the spark plug hole, cranked it over for 15-20 seconds, and

it fired and ran. No smoke, or engine noises. Sweet. I'll have to pull and clean the carb

as it needs full choke to run, but I took it for a spin through the gears. I haven't

engaged the deck yet, but the blades turn free, and everything there seems fine.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Mower Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Fixture Automotive exterior Auto part Screw

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Bumper

I think I'll just clean it up, give it a quick look over, light sand the battleship

grey, spray bomb that with flint metallic grey, and use it to mow around all the

trees. I guess I'll get a new seat for it too. I suppose I should name it Bill, after

the donor.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,261 Posts
Wow , it's in great shape. I have one, great for cutting grass, they turn sharp for trimming. Noel

Reactions: IamSherwood

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys.

Our lawn should be due for it's first cut by the end of the week.

If I get at this tomorrow night, I should be able to use it for that.

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Neat and Lucky Guy! NAME your tractor "Bill"?? Ewwww! I can't stand when people have names for cars, trucks, mowers and rides! Can't get THAT personal with them!

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Hey Congrats on this one Will, gas her up & mow or should I say gas him up. What a nice find with all the hard to find goodies.

·
Only member from Western South Dakota!
1,771 Posts
The freebie part is great, but the fact that he delivered it too, made

it a real sweet day.

It had been sitting in his shed for 12 years. Last weekend he asked if I

wanted it. SURE.

I checked oil, spark, looked in the gas tank which was spotless, I put some gas

in, and a splash down the spark plug hole, cranked it over for 15-20 seconds, and

it fired and ran. No smoke, or engine noises. Sweet. I'll have to pull and clean the carb

as it needs full choke to run, but I took it for a spin through the gears. I haven't

engaged the deck yet, but the blades turn free, and everything there seems fine.

attachicon.gif
DSCF2138.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSCF2139.JPG

attachicon.gif
DSCF2140.JPG
attachicon.gif
DSCF2141.JPG

attachicon.gif
DSCF2142.JPG

I think I'll just clean it up, give it a quick look over, light sand the battleship

grey, spray bomb that with flint metallic grey, and use it to mow around all the

trees. I guess I'll get a new seat for it too. I suppose I should name it Bill, after

the donor.
It don't get any better than that! Those 7s look like nice tractors and that one seems to have aged very well. Nice it was inside all those years. Mine are named for who I got them from too. My old MTD Eight Hundred is "Uncle Bill" the MF8E is "Dick" and the MF12G is "Ron". Don't see a problem at all naming them, all my junk is part of the family too!

DAC

Reactions: IamSherwood
1 - 20 of 20 Posts