Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke down the transaxle from my 12 G a couple of years ago, and put it all in a box. I'm finally getting it put back together, and found a couple of "clips" (?) in the box, and for the life of me, I can't remember where they came from. Can someone help jog my memory?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,024 Posts
That does raise a question (mark)!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I would say hose clamp also.

·
Super Moderator
54,024 Posts
I can see that also!

·
Tractorholic
1,892 Posts
Seems to be a lot of discussion about hoses here and there and everywhere . I will go with the consensus on this .

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Of course..................the hose clamp off of the vent hose, that's why it's in the transaxle box............................Thanks all!

I'm sure I'll be asking more questions, especially when I start putting the drive together....................I lost all of my pictures I took during disassembly to a computer crash..........

Thanks again!

·
Elf guardian
7,712 Posts
Yes, for sure that is the hose clamp for the vent/fill hose that sticks up under the seat.

I was working on one last week, and found 1 half on the hose and the other in my

hand.

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One other issue here while I'm thinking of it. My vent hose for the transaxle had a yellow plug in it, I have also seen pics of others that were plugged so, I'm assuming that is normal (factory). Now, the question is, if it's a vent, why is it plugged?

·
Tractorholic
1,177 Posts
One other issue here while I'm thinking of it. My vent hose for the transaxle had a yellow plug in it, I have also seen pics of others that were plugged so, I'm assuming that is normal (factory). Now, the question is, if it's a vent, why is it plugged?
That's also where you fill with oil.To keep water out.I think it's more of a fill hose rather than a vent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts