Garden Tractor Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a day on the road this weekend to buy a couple QT-16s and some attachments. Got the whole load for about 30% of going rate-- gas included!

1.jpg 2.jpg

This stuff has all been stored inside. The tires have all been replaced in the not too distant past. The red one even has a nearly new set of rims and turf tires to switch with the ag's for winter. Both tractors have good mower decks. He even threw in a fresh set of blades. I also got some wheel weights, tire chains, a 42" snowthrower, 48" dozer blade, and a very nice dump cart. Paul

3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
That's quite a haul..you may want to keep a eye on kijiji for bargains across the river,, the CDN dollar being beat up as much as it is.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's quite a haul..you may want to keep a eye on kijiji for bargains across the river,, the CDN dollar being beat up as much as it is.
I check craigs daily, but have never seen a Bolens in Soo, Ontario.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I check craigs daily, but have never seen a Bolens in Soo, Ontario.
Not on craigslist, but on Kijiji they show up every now and again - they're usually more expensive than going rate in the U.S. Though.

There a lot more selection south of the border

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that the great Lakes in the background?

Looks like your ready for winter now
Lake Michigan! And as ready for winter as I can be. :)

Reactions: WrenchinOnIt

·
Getting Out!
8,205 Posts
Yeah Red is neat! NOT an orig offering? Thought maybe an MTD offering?? They do own name now, correct? Even I could go for one like that!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yeah Red is neat! NOT an orig offering? Thought maybe an MTD offering?? They do own name now, correct? Even I could go for one like that!
That GT was built in the first QT16 production run back in 1973. Looks like a factory job, but can't be. What's really weird is that my first 16 is also red and I bought it not too far away from this one. It has an Onan B43M and no ID plate.

3.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: WrenchinOnIt

·
Got Sum
1,221 Posts
Hi Paul, nice haul indeed ! I see the inevitable multiplication of your collection continues ,
I too like the old boy dressed in red , does look good. Congrats on a great score

·
A Little Off Plumb
7,843 Posts
Me too! Whoever did that took the time to make it look like it came that way from the dealer.
I wonder if it was painted for a customer that way - I worked at a John Deere dealership in the 70's that sold some lawn tractors to a government owned utility and part of the deal was they had to be painted to match the utility's colours before they would accept delivery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts