Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This ad was on CL earlier today.

Drill Press - $40 (Baltic)

<>

00505_huC7SB7Bc0V_600x450.jpg

condition: new
make / manufacturer: Atlas

Atlas drill press. 1/2" chuck. Never used

I went to see it and it was as advertised. I bought it. It is so heavy that I struggled to carry it up the bulkhead stairs. It was as it came from the factory, still attached to a wood pallet bottom, and with the accessory box.

It needs an electric motor. I learned to salvage electric motors out of washing machines many years ago. A company named AMT used to sell mounting bases for electric motors to do just what I was doing. I hope that I still have a couple in a box(and that I can find it). The washer motors are 2 speed and can be wired with a 3 way toggle on the machine. This will have to wait until I can't work outside.

I will try to scan the manual and post it in the Manuals Section when I can figure out how to do it. Good Luck, Rick

·
Super Moderator
55,381 Posts
Very nice score there, Rick! Hope you can get the motor hooked up soon.

Reactions: boyscout862

·
My projects take longer so I enjoy them more...
4,939 Posts
That is just sweetness right there. Made when quality = longevity

·
Registered
10,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's nice. Beaver made one identical years ago. I'd like that one as it bears the name of my grandson born last Friday. All 11.5 pounds of him with his 1 year old brother who weighed a mere 10.5 pounds
Congratulations, he's a big boy. Time to start on a tractor for him. I hope that you all have happy holidays. Good Luck, Rick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.