Garden Tractor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I am a Wheel Horse Guy make no bones about it but a buddy always says everyone should have an odd ball in the herd. What better one than this?

I know next to nothing about Amigos but I can handle any K series so that's a start I figure.

Missing the battery box and appears to have the start switch relocated but other than that appears to be all there.

Came with a deck but appears to be missing the height adjust handle which was probably lost when the custom muffler was put on!

On the fence what to do with this girl. With the tractor fellas over on Red Square the consensus these days is to try and keep things in the original work clothes unless the paint has been severely messed with. Then it's game on for a full resto. All about patina with our Horses!

Thanks for the pinned manuals, was a good start for me. If some one has some pics of the battery box I would thank you. Need start fabbing something up.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right now just to get it running and see if it drives. The PO had put a different magneto on but why? Going to try and just add a coil and run battery/points ignition. I have never had a 161 with a magneto all my horses have S/G's with points. Wonder if someone added the S/G? I have yet to try and date this thing so any help there would be a thank you.

Attachments

·
Mark J.
2,297 Posts
Great find! They're a neat looking tractor!

Reactions: WHX14

·
Fixer of Broken junk
4,978 Posts
1 with battery and 1 without.

The one with the battery looks like it was converted. Hood doesn't sit quite level and there is a piece of C channel under the box to clear the steering shaft.

When he picked it up.

And after he got it going.

This is one of our members Emigo model 99 https://gardentractortalk.com/forums/user/8186-talntedmrgreen/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlCY28VgwZU

·
2,428 Posts
If you dive into the transaxle you will soon realize what a unique machine it is. Good luck with the resto. I assume you have browsed the postings in the Amigo sub-forum.

If you can get the manuals section to function properly there is some info available. You'll really like the 1961 price list.

Your Amigo is very similar to mine. I didn't have a battery and don't think it came with one. Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks CR ..I read every thread here twice about these gems. I eventually will get into that tranny just to find out what shakes and refresh lube. I got the manuals that George has pinned if ther are more please let me know.I fully intend to contact the the person Kate @ LAGT mentioned in her superb article about them.
Right now it's not a resto but to get running and see what the future holds .. thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.