Garden Tractor Forums banner
261 - 280 of 280 Posts

·
Texas Member
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Son is having an issue with the 99 Park Avenue Ultra Supercharged again. He blew a heater hose, It split close to the end, and I was able to trim the end off and re-install. The hose is really rotted and ready to go at any time. Unfortunately I need a lift to get to the clamps on the heater core, so another trip to the garage. I'll have them replace both of these, and see if they can add some length to the upper one so we can reach the power steering to add fluid. As it is I can only reach the cap to loosen with 15" needle nose, leaving the cap in place, and sliding a 24" funnel under the cap to fill.

Attachments

·
Texas Member
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
Appointment made for Wednesday. If the heater and A/C lines were reversed, then this would be easy.

·
Texas Member
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
My rant for the day. The Buick was quoted over $300 to replace the heater hoses, and the wrong hoses were ordered so it won't be ready till tomorrow, so he has to use my truck for work, and my Wife and I will need to pick the POS up tomorrow. I declined the power steering leak repair as the rack needs replaced.

I ordered a computer desk for my wife for Christmas, while assembling two of the side panels are the same, and do not line up. Called the company, and no complaints, they will ship the correct panel "no questions asked". This just means we have a 1/2 assembled desk parts scattered thought the house.

End rant.

·
Texas Member
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
Went to pick the Buick up today. Wife dropped me off, and went shopping. I Paid $$$'s and went to the car. It started, but as soon as I put it in gear, it died and wouldn't re-start. They came out and put a scan tool on it. No engine codes, but still wouldn't start. We talked and he asked if it had started, I said yes but it died as soon as I put it in gear. He scanned the transmission and found a "Brake Shifter shorted to ground code. Jiggled the shifter and it started. Now I am not squeamish about driving, but this car made me feel very uncomfortable. It smells like an old car that was driven by an old lady. The gas gauge is possessed as it jumps from 1/2 to full several times. I finally got home and was glad to get out of this thing.

·
Texas Member
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
Last couple of tasks left to do for 2021. Oil change on my Wife's car. 1st challenge was to get it up on the ramps. Front fairing hits the ramp with a foot to go before the tire hits. I tried pulling up on the storm shelter mound, this would work to get to the muffler. I used the pergola to lift the car 4", and going on the ramps was super easy. Only miss-hap was some spillage. I'll get a better funnel for next time. Last Task was printing and hanging the GTT 2022 Calendar.

Attachments

·
Texas Member
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
Change of plans, Sense the weather is going to be cold the next couple days, I decided to pull RED's deck and bring it into the shop for service. It's still in good shape for 31 years old. Blade sharpening, and one of the guards need welded. Lift table couldn't quite reach. Problem solved.

Attachments

·
Texas Member
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
Deck is done and serviced. I need to move some tractors around tomorrow so I can Bring RED into the shop for a service.

·
Texas Member
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
Thanks! Christmas was good. Waiting on warmer weather later this week to get the pressure washer out.

·
Texas Member
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
Searching for a new air filter for RED, i have went to two towns, 2 Ace Hardware, 2 Tractor Supply's, Lowes, Home Depot and none to be found. I went to Jackssmallengine and found a new part number, but no picture was listed and one filter was over $30. I copied the new part number into Google (Now I'll receive all kinds of ads) but found a deal at Amazon. $20 for two filters, Gas, Air, and new clamps.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
54,826 Posts
Searching for a new air filter for RED, i have went to two towns, 2 Ace Hardware, 2 Tractor Supply's, Lowes, Home Depot and none to be found. I went to Jackssmallengine and found a new part number, but no picture was listed and one filter was over $30. I copied the new part number into Google (Now I'll receive all kinds of ads) but found a deal at Amazon. $20 for two filters, Gas, Air, and new clamps.
That's how I get most of my filters.

Reactions: larrybl
261 - 280 of 280 Posts