Garden Tractor Forums banner
441 - 460 of 472 Posts

·
Texas Member
5,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #441 ·
Well, it looks like my plans have changed for this year tractor show. I was going to borrow my neighbor’s tandem axle trailer and take BOH with the matching Craftsman tiller, 44” mower deck, and sun canopy for display, and the Kawasaki Mule for a butt buggy. Due to the new rules, I will only be bringing BOH, the 1988 Craftsman II with the matching Craftsman tiller, 44” mower deck, and sun canopy. It will double as the display and butt buggy. This was basically the same way I have went before, and honestly makes it easier only taking one machine.

Font Material property Parallel Document Paper

·
Super Moderator
55,662 Posts
More shows need to do that! Too many preteens trying to run over folks and their parents don't care!

Reactions: larrybl

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Just another case of everyone paying the price of the stupidity of the few. I have known 10 year olds with the intelligence and self control required to run machinery that some 30+ year old guys still lacked. How about make them sign an agreement that states "If the vehicle is operated recklessly it then becomes the property of the club"
Don

·
Super Moderator
55,662 Posts
Me too! Not nearly as brown as you folks are, but getting there.

·
Texas Member
5,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
Having a bad day. Started off with a quick run to town, was going to use my wife 2011 Equinox. All it did was click. Pulled the battery and took to town and it tested bad. New battery doesn't fit So I need to exchange it tomorrow. When I went into the house it smelled musty. I checked the A/C and it wasn't running. A-coil not froze, I reset the system twice, and All I could get was a one minuet run time before it shut down. It's after 7:00pm and I left messages with two separate A/C repairers. Plan a trip to exchange the battery in the morning, and buy a small window A/C for the bed room. At least it's not 100+ outside right now.

·
Texas Member
5,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #447 ·
After I shut the system down yesterday, I went back in about 4 hours later and turned the system back on around 10:00pm. It ran fine last night and all day today. I do have a service / check-up scheduled for next week. A/C workers are busy this time of the year here. Battery has been replaced in the car.

·
Super Moderator
55,662 Posts
Glad you are getting moisture, Larry!

·
Texas Member
5,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #459 ·
May need to do a pre-load, The rig is 9.5' long with the tiller, the trailer with the gate up is 8'. I can fold the gate flat on the bed and drive on top of it. I'll have some overhang..The tiller tines would rest on the deck end, and if I remove the rear wheels (one pin) then the over hang would be minimal. I'll need to build or borrow some ramps though.

441 - 460 of 472 Posts